Monday 18 June 2012

Experimenting with Composition

picture 538 by Handmade and Heritage
picture 538, a photo by Handmade and Heritage on Flickr.
I am constantly looking at ways to improve the way my work is presented. I tend to use plain backgrounds of plonk a piece of work up against a decoupaged background. Yesterday I spent a good hour playing with backgrounds, inside, outside, fussy, plain and took shed loads of photos in the process.

Of all the compositions I tried this had to be my favourite. I love the colours and the details I managed to show. Its actually quite difficult to photograph my jewellery as the glass shows reflections.

The actual piece is a development from my first necklaces where I hung it on a length of organza. I think the chain and little charm work quite well.

No comments: