Saturday 12 November 2011

Latest Work - Blue Tit Embroidery

I think I was subconsciously inspired by our lack of heating for the last three weeks in creating this wintry scene. Its fixed of a fashion but we have a very poorly boiler.

I originally printed the blue tit using a lino block and then stitched in the detailing. There is also a little appliqué on the birds breast. Its a skill I have not fully mastered yet.

I will be taking this piece to the Market Harborough Vintage and Handmade Fair next week. I'm so excited it will be my first 'serious' craft event. I'm hoping this time I will be able to come away feeling satisfied with my days work.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's just lovely. I love all your little birds.

Anonymous said...

Ooh ooh is that at the Three Swans? I did a fair there earlier in the year- I might come to seeee yoooouu depending on if its Sat or Sun...