Tuesday 4 October 2011

Rolling with it!

Its taken some time and a lot of hard work but I finally seem to be getting somewhere with Handmade and Heritage. I'm enjoying small but regular sales from both vintage and handmade - of course I would love more but you have to take what you can, especially its today's financial climate.

Also as you will already know I am a contributor for the new Crafteroo Magazine that is now on sale and available to buy. I wrote the Folksy feature and submitted two tutorials which were my decoupage bangles and hydrangea mixed media. I feel very blessed to have been a part of something new and exciting.

Finally i've been making lots of xmassy inspired bits, some have worked some have not. Someone once said that when reading blogs they like to read about the good makes and bad makes too. I guess it makes us human and shows us all that not everything works first time and that you have to spend months, even years perfecting your craft.

I had lots of little ideas floating around in my head that inspired this decoration. It originally started off as a lino print on vintage fabric but I have lightly stuffed it to hang on an xmas tree. I dont think it works. I like things on my tree that necessarily are not xmas themed but I think this is too dark and boring. Maybe some colour might cheer it up. I'd love to know what you think of it.

No comments: