Sunday 2 May 2010

T-Shirt Yarn Headbands

I'm back after a few days without batteries and I have some stuff to show you. I'll do that another time, fist I want to show you what I have been doing over the weekend.

A tutorial was posted on crafteroo a while ago and I decided to have a play, I made a couple necklaces and yesterday tried to make some simple sporty looking headbands.
















The first two were knitted and I used the offcut from the t-shirt to make the flower. Everything bar the thread has been re-used from pre-loved items found in charity shops and car boot sales.

I tried using two different stitches and added an extra stich on the yellow one to stop the headband rolling up (see above). They are quite chunky but I personally like it that way.


















With the left over yarn I made another two types of headband. One was plaited using the two colours and knotted to add detailing. The last one was made by wrapping around yarn and creating a little detailing by wrapping the yarn around the headband to hold it all together.





































On the whole i'm quite happy with what I have made I just need to work on sizing up the headbands if i'm to consider selling some.

No comments: