Monday 2 June 2008

Crazy Car Booting

When all 'normal' people were snuggled up in bed on a grey sunday morning I was being dragged around the car boot sale. It was cold and grey and drizzling and my bed seemed like a much better option.


Whilst I stropped my way around the boot sale I stumbled across six volumes of Newnes Pictorial Knowledge encyclopedias. Instantly my brain was thinking I could cut up these bad boys and make some interesting stationary with them. They cost a whopping £3 and I made the OH carry them as punishment for the early wake-up call.



It wasnt until I got home and looked closely that I discovered how amazing they were. They dated back to the 1930's and the imagery and descriptions were a riot to read.





They cover a wide range of subjects with lovely illustrations; a few in colour. I couldnt cut them up it would be such a shame and I would love for my daughter to be able to read them one day.






It was suggested to me that I should scan the images I like and print onto a parchment paper, having the best of both worlds. I can still create the things that are whizzing around my brain and also keep a set of wonderful books that in a few years may be worth more than the £3 I..... I mean the OH paid for. ;)


Watch this space for the results...

No comments: